When’s the last time you got together with other people and made something?
There’s nothing like the energy that comes from a group of people gathered together, letting their creative juices flow. It’s a warm, buzzing feeling, and it fills you up.
If you’re in the Twin Cities in 10 days, I have an opportunity where you can get this good energy for yourself. I’ll be hosting a class called “Hand Letter Your Love.”
The idea is we’ll gather at @polkadotmn and hand letter a phrase that expresses love. Love to ourselves, love to our friends, love to our kids, love to our sweeties. Love is love, and it’s all fair game.
If you’ve never hand lettered, I’ve got you. If you’ve dabbled in hand lettering, I’ve got you. Come and play, I’ve got you.
Here’s 6 of the things about this class I am most jazzed about:
1. I have so many colorful and shiny pens to share! There is something so satisfying about a good pen in your hand.
2. I have a list of phrases you can letter so you don’t get stuck on thinking of just what to say.
3. I have used my organizational super powers to break down the process for using your own handwriting to make a polished piece of lettering you’ll be excited to share! The nerd in me is very pleased with the handout.
4. Speaking of sharing — we have cute little frames to put the finishing touch on your art!
5. By popular request, I’m also going to bring all the supplies I use to take pictures of my art so if you want, you can get your own great shot after class!
6. Polka Dot Shop is such a beautiful, feel-good space. It just fills you up to be there, and I can’t wait to be there for a whole afternoon.